Tuesday, December 21, 2010

25 Days of Christmas: Day 20

By Kathy Nicholls


With only 5 days until Christmas, we are really in the countdown mode! Are you all ready for the big day? Some will have been done with their shopping for months by now, some haven't even started. Some folks have everything decorated, spent the weekend baking all of their Christmas goodies, and are ready to relax the next few days.



I'm one who tries to get things done in the month before Christmas, and yet still end up with some last minute shopping to finish things up. I do most of my shopping these days online. It's easy, quick, and there are some great deals. I'm also in favor of anything that means I don't have to go to the mall these days! It's just too hectic, too many people, and it seems to take forever. With online shopping, I can click and it's done. That has taken some getting used to for my husband this year. Since we were always in Barbados, he didn't see the boxes arriving every day for a couple of weeks before Christmas. Folks in Barbados just don't do a lot of online shopping; it's way too expensive to get things shipped and then you have to deal with getting things cleared through customs. He came in the other day and said "WHY are we getting all these boxes?" I had to chuckle. It's Christmas, it's what happens!


Today I still have five people on my list to get a present for. Two are easy, young boys who will get movie gift cards. I wish they were all that easy! One other will be easy as well. The hardest ones are the two adolescent/teenage girls I have in the family. Teenagers are tough to shop for! I believe today I have solved that one. They will get gift cards. I hate giving gift cards to someone who's really close to me, however, I'm also a realist. If I get them something, there's a good chance it won't be what they want or would pick themselves. That means they will return it. So, if they're going shopping for returns anyway, why not just let them pick the right thing the first time around!


How about you? Is your shopping finished or will you be out in the crowds this week looking for last minute deals?


Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Kathy_Nicholls

No comments: